Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Inspiration

Well, almost 6 months later again! I cannot tell you where the time has gone or what, of any significance, I have accomplished. I guess it's just life.

My husband and I were recently with family and my sister-in-law and I were talking about??? She is very perceptive and she said "you're not inspired". Those 3 words have hung heavy in my mind for the past week and she is right. Oh, I have sewn and baked but my heart is not in it. The results may be beautiful but it was pure determination to get them done.

It seems that inspiration may have arrived this morning wrapped in a precious bundle of pink. My third granddaugther took her first breath just before 7 a.m. PST and her first call was to anxious Noni waiting many miles away. I am reeling with the possiblities of wrapping her in handmade love. And so...we'll see if inspiration has truly returned. I have only about 4 weeks to accomplish something great to welcome our baby Princess, tho I'm sure just a visit from Noni & Boppa will thrill her more than anything.

In the meantime here are a couple of recent projects.


Snickerdoodles lovely blue eyes will shine even brighter in her gorgeous new winter coat. This vintage Vogue went together beautifully using Pendleton wool and black velvet I had in my "stash". The cut plastic buttons are from LaMode and were found on a sale table. I love the overall, classic feel. "Sunbonnet Jane" is an original smocking and dress pattern I have been working on. I love it, what do you think?

Happy smocking!





2 comments:

  1. Congrats to all! Such sweetness ahead with your girls (oh, and Huck, too!)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I have the same Little Vogue coat pattern and made it up for India when she was little. I need to make Ahnalin a new coat this year too. I miss our smocking group!

    ReplyDelete