Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Princess....Cupcake!

Cupcake turned 5! Has it really been 5 years since I looked deep into her brown eyes for the first time? Since I first held her? Hard to believe, she is such a big girl now. Big enough to have a 5 Year Old Trip with her Noni & Boppa. Where else to take a princess-in-training than to visit the REAL Princesses at Disneyland! And..what fun for Noni & Boppa to be the ones to introduce her to Disneyland. We could not have her looking like a commoner so I made her a pink princess dress.

I used Simplicity 2563 and found the scoop of the neckline too deep and wide. I was able to adjust it in the shoulders so that it was o.k. but will make better adjustments when cutting out next time. The best part was when she tried it on for the first time (along with her sparkling pink princess shoes). She twirled in front of the full length mirror in our motel room and sweetly said "I feel special".....just how we had hoped she would feel!
On the table now.....I am actually making something for Huck Finn! Should go get to it now-

1 comment:

  1. Oh Princess Cupcake looks beautiful! I am so glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete