Monday, July 5, 2010

A June Bride..

My how time flies. I kept thinking I would get to this...and now it has been 6 weeks since I last wrote! I went to visit Snickerdoodle and her big sister and baby brother but did not get a better picture so the trampoline shot will have to do. Besides....we have so moved on!

Here is a beauty. I have known this lovely creature all her life. She has been one of my youngest sons best friends and we have shared so many experiences. She is a hair sytlist and I like to tell people that she got her start at my house, cutting hair off  of my daughters Barbies, before turning the scissors on her own hair. She wore my smocked clothes as a little girl and I was honored when she asked me to create her veil. What fun I had trying to figure this out and when the actual sewing came along it went together like a breeze. For her veil she chose a "mantilla" style and it worked perfectly with her classic dress. Thank you Gracie, for allowing me to share in your special day...actual all of your special days. You are dear to me.

Wedding clothes are some of my favorite sewing projects. In 2009 I created a silk confection in red & white for my friends daughter to wear in her aunts wedding. We copied a dress she already had, using the wedding colors and adding some more formal details like a lovely, puffy bow and a sparkly button (not shown, dress still has pins in it at the time of the photo).

The summer prior to that I made a "little girl" dress for a 2 year old to prance down the aisle in. It was made of batiste so it quickly got that old fashioned, wrinkled look. I  made a self-fabric ruffled trim to outline the neck, armholes & hem, and attached ribbon bows under the arms.  So sweet, so pretty and so festive!
The wedding season is winding down around here, we have attended the majority of those we have been invited to this year. I always love attending weddings and seeing the personalities of the couple and families come through. Hope you enjoy a summer of celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment