Friday, October 9, 2009

In the Beginning


Here we go! Not sure how this will all come together but ..... you never know until you try. My reason for doing this? To share with like minded people whether you are a fellow designer or a parent who happens to appreciate the finest details for your little one. My love of handwork began as a small child. Both of my grandmothers worked, ran homes and invested time in handwork. One was a seamstress and a knitter. The other crocheted constantly but her family had done quite a bit of embroidery so she showed me my first few stitches and gave me supplies from her bounty. I was about 6 years old at the time and I was not very good. I like to tell people that I am not a natural seamstress but a very practiced one! All these years of practice have made me committed to a level of quality that is not found in mass produced clothing- french seams, hand-worked hems, English smocking, embroidery, mini-piping on collars and sleevebands- just to name a few. I get as much enjoyment taking the tiny stitches of a hem as I do working an intricate smocking pattern. It is my joy. Putting all that aside, you must know that I value a well dressed child. In my clothing my goal is to draw attention to your child, not my work. I have found that when a child feels pretty or handsome in thier clothing they will act like the little ladies & gentlemen we imagined they would be. Note the picture of my granddaughter above.....little would you suspect that she can throw a mean fit, she just looks so sweet (and she truly is sweet) I hope you will enjoy this journey with me-

No comments:

Post a Comment