Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Snickerdoodle is turning 3!

One of life's great joys is being a grandmother. For me it is bittersweet since my granchildren live so far away. I am sad that I won't be able to see her twirl in her dress for the first time but with her Boppa will. He arrives late in the evening on her 3rd birthday. I will make sure the camera batteries are charged and ready so he can snap the moment for me! I mentioned this little sweetie in an earlier post. This dress completely fits her personality.

I used Summer Blooms from Australian Smocking & Embroidery issue #87 as my basis. The sleeves on the original dress did not fit my vision so I just added a puff sleeve. I also made the cuff about 1/2 the size of the original. This lovely cotton print is as light as a spring breeze. All smocking was done using DMC stranded cotton and the bullion petals on the flowers as well.

 Recently, I acquired this vintage rick rack and the color was perfect!. Happy birthday little one.....Noni loves you!

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty dress! Hoping you receive many photographs of the special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen. I am sorry I was not at smocking today. I was totally swamped with revisions on the apron pattern. I am trying to get it done this week and it is consuming my every waking moment. I hope you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete